Protect your investment

Broadlands are enthusiastic about ensuring that our clients are protecting their investment.

What we offer

Our insurance services cover:
Buildings Insurance
Landlords Building & Contents Insurance
D & O Insurance
Terrorism Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
Engineering Insurance

Guidance and help

We can also provide you with information on the following:
Tenant’s Contents Insurance
Rent Guarantee
Landlords Rent Protection
Legal Expenses Insurance

We can introduce a wide range of insurances and advise what we think would be best to suit each client, as well as taking care of all the administration if required.

Insurance is often one of the largest items of service charge expenditure and therefore it is essential that value for money is obtained and the main types of insurance relating to flats and communal grounds are:


All UK insurance policies incorporate a “total exclusion” for loss or damage caused by terrorist activities. For an additional premium, policy cover can be extended to include damage occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of terrorism.

Terrorism is defined for the purposes of the insurance:
“any act by a person on behalf of or in connection with an organisation (including religious fanatics and animal rights activists) with activities directed towards the overthrowing or influencing any government by force or violence or wishing to bring fear or terror to a community or specific area of the community by their violent action”.


Insurance companies also provide an inspection service and insurance protection. The inspection service complies with statutory legislative requirements and is a fee based service carried out by a competent person.

Insurance protection provides sudden and unforeseen damage/breakdown insurance cover. This was initially restricted to the machinery inspected by the insurers but is now widened to include other plant and equipment where there is no inspection requirement. A wider all risks type cover, “Sudden and Unforeseen Damage”, also known as “fragmentation” covers damage caused to surrounding property belonging to the insured.

Directors and Officers Insurance Policies

Did you know that the directors and officers of Residents Management Companies (RMCs) are at risk of being sued personally in matters relating to their business, regardless of whether or not it’s a limited company?

Directors and officers of RMCs usually act in a voluntary capacity and this means making important decisions on behalf of other residents, for which the directors and officers can be held personally liable.

Duties imposed on directors and officers include:

  • the custody and management of residents’ funds
  • care and skill in managing the proceedings of the association
  • ensuring contractors who carry out work do so properly

We can introduce Directors and Officers Liability insurance against losses arising from claims for wrongful acts or negligence in the performance of a directors duties through well respected brokers.